Sunday, July 10, 2016

Not up to it yet


And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. (D&C 78:18)

This is a wonderful scripture to encounter when I am feeling discouraged with my efforts (which are too often pathetic and half-hearted) and how little I can accomplish compared to what I wish I could do.

I ran into it recently when I was much cast down over my own faults and foibles and how I seem to become so easily entangled in them.

“Ye cannot bear all things now”  -- Amen; preach it, Jesus.  I am not ready for the weight of worlds to be placed on my shoulders.

“nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along” – Thank heaven, God hasn’t forsaken me! Even after all the suffering my sins cause Christ, His mercy endures.  I can expect future personal revelation to guide me along the way I should go.  I can expect to grow into my potential by little steps as I exercise my faith.

“The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours” – Yayy! As a Latter-day Saint, I’m still part of the kingdom of God, and I have a share in all those blessings, helps, supports, gifts, ordinances, callings, etc.  All those things are the riches of eternity, intangible things that can’t be physically stolen from me.

0 comments: