Friday, September 14, 2012

Link to papers on the Joseph Smith Translation

You may have noticed that a number of my posts recently are focusing on the differences between the King James Version of the Bible and the Joseph Smith Translation in an attempt to draw out the doctrinal implications and significance of the JST for us. 

In connection with that, I just wanted to let you know that the BYU Religious Studies Center's webpage has, in their online publications, the text of the book The Joseph Smith Translation: The Restoration of Plain and Precious Things, a collection of papers presented at a symposium on various aspects of the JST back in 1984.  I am linking to that page for you.  You will notice in the left sidebar are listed the chapters of the book that link to the text, so you can read it online.  I've browsed a few chapters that looked especially interested to me and I found them quite good.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link!

Michaela Stephens said...

Your welcome!