Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am now a Segullah fan.

I ran across the website for Segullah, which is a literary journal for LDS women's writing. I read through a number of essays and poems. (Okay, so it was a large number. I got hooked.) I have to say that I was very impressed. I was enlightened. I was encouraged. I felt that it was a great thing to be a woman. I think this did more to show the dignity of motherhood--the struggle, the pain, and the beauty.

Pieces that really stuck out to me:
  • A poem about a dream and a date. Startling!
  • A pregnant woman discovers her painful sacrifice is acceptable to the Lord, here. This changed the way I thought about pregnancy, pioneers, and sacrifice.
  • An essay on guilt, here, which I am convinced will become a classic, and
  • "In Honor of Feisty Marriages: The Story of a Remodel" Loved it.

Discover for yourself!

0 comments: