Friday, October 9, 2026

Lessons from Waiting

  

From Kevin J Hathaway’s talk (Oct 2026): 

“He [Christ] has not forgotten you. He does not take joy in your suffering. However, He knows that lessons learned while waiting can bring converting growth that an earlier rescue might not produce.”

I was pondering that last sentence and I asked myself what I had learned from waiting.

I’ve learned about:

-              My ability to endure

-              The different ways the Savior can bring temporary relief that allows for further enduring

-              The way my capability for endurance increases over time

-              The way the burden seems to lighten over time as I learn to endure better

-              That sometimes I have to reach a crisis before I really really turn things over to Christ

-              That sometimes I have to surrender to Christ more deeply, multiple times during an extended trial

What have you learned from waiting?

0 comments: