Thursday, December 1, 2011

Take the gratitude challenge!

The Ensign this month had a little article “Take the Gratitude Challenge” suggesting the youth write a list of 100 things they are grateful for. I think I’d like to do this too. The article suggests doing it in units of 10. So, in no particular order, I give you the following:


10 physical abilities I am grateful for

1) walking

2) running

3) seeing

4) hearing

5) tasting

6) talking

7) reading

8) smelling

9) singing

10) laughing


10 SILLY physical abilities I am grateful for

1) burping

2) blinking

3) rolling my tongue

4) scratching

5) tickling

6) rolling over in bed

7) walking tiptoe

8) cleaning my ears

9) snapping my fingers

10) playing with my hair


10 material possessions I am grateful for

1) our house

2) my car

3) my shoes

4) my food storage

5) my computer

6) my piano

7) my scriptures

8) my books

9) my contact lenses

10) warm fuzzy socks


10 living people I am grateful for

1) Kimella Walker (my mom)

2) George Walker (my dad)

3) Jesus Christ (my Savior)

4) President Thomas S. Monson (prophet)

5) Devon L. Stephens (my husband)

6) Tennille Walker (my sister)

7-11 Cameron, Spencer, Stuart, Nelson, and Trent Walker (my brothers)

What? I have to stop? Dang!


10 deceased people I am grateful for

1) Joseph Smith

2) Isaiah

3) Marie Walker (my grandma)

4) Jane Austin

5) C. S. Lewis

6) Rudyard Kipling

7) George Washington

8) Thomas Edison

9) Alexander Graham Bell

10) Steve Jobs


Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for

1) snowflakes

2) sandy beaches with lots of shells to pick up

3) big juicy blackberries

4) trees with golden autumn leaves

5) seed pods that spin like a helicopter when they fall

6) mud puddles for stomping in

7) foggy summer mornings

8) fireflies

9) big waves on the seashore

10) smooth river rocks


10 things about today I am grateful for

1) receiving spiritual promptings

2) reading the Ensign

3) talking to ward members

4) having a job

5) using a fast computer with fast internet

6) getting to use my organizing skills to help others

7) finishing the laundry

8) rain in the morning

9) cleaning the kitchen

10) time to study the scriptures


10 places on earth I am grateful for

1) Gethsemane

2) Krape Park in Freeport, Illinois (best park EVER!!)

3) The temple

4) The Sacred Grove

5) Calvary

6) The garden tomb

7) Valley Forge

8) Northwest Illinois

9) Boyce-Thompson Arboretum (Arizona)

10) Mount Rushmore


10 modern inventions I am grateful for

1) telephones

2) cars

3) electricity

4) computers

5) vaccination

6) anesthetic

7) the printing press

8) TV

9) Radio

10) Canning


10 foods I am grateful for

1) Did I mention big juicy blackberries?

2) Sweet potato soufflé

3) Wassail (non-alcoholic)

4) Granola

5) Sugar snap peas

6) Avocados

7) Grapes

8) Chocolate

9) Bran muffins

10) Slurpy noodles


10 things about the gospel I am thankful for

1) repentance

2) revelation

3) priesthood

4) prophets and apostles

5) the promise of exaltation

6) temples

7) scriptures

8) family

9) service

10) missionary work


Yeah, that just barely scratched the surface and I’m up to 110. I could especially go on with my list of people I’m grateful for.


How about this—if you have a blog, post on it your own list of 100 (or 110) things you are grateful for, following the categories I’ve used, and then leave me a link to your list. I want to see what you all come up with!

2 comments:

Ramona Gordy said...

http://thejournaloflostthings.blog
spot.com

I stopped at 51, 49 coming soon

Michaela Stephens said...

Great job, RGG, and yours is much readable than mine!