Thursday, November 18, 2010

Outside Article on learning emotional maturity from the Book of Mormon

Please consider Larry W. Tippets’ article “Toward Emotional Maturity: Insights from the Book of Mormon” from the The Religious Educator, volume 10, issue 2, 2010.

The scriptures that he examines may have been well-known to me, but his focus on how they help us develop emotional maturity provides a very helpful and insightful practical connection to our real life difficulties. I, for one, am very grateful for it.

What do you think of the article?

3 comments:

Pokemon said...

I just wanted to let you know that I commented following your comments and any additional insights would be great.

Thanks for your response. :) I'll be back to check out your blog sometime soon.

Donna B. Nielsen said...

Thank you for this link.I will be sharing it with my family.

This made me miss Pres. Hinckley and his determined optimism:

“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. I say that to myself every morning.”

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing the article. It was very thought provoking.
although I have many scriptures that I love; the one that has helped me the most has been Proverbs 3:5-6. It was been well used by me through the years.
Blessings to you! LeAnn