Saturday, August 14, 2010

Zechariah's Prophecy of Globalization?

Today I ran across something in Zechariah that I found rather interesting.
18 ¶ Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
19 And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What be these? And he answered me, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem.
20 And the Lord shewed me four carpenters [craftsmen or artisans].
21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray [terrify] them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it. (Zechariah 1:18-21., explanatory footnotes added in square brackets)
I know that horns often represent power, and the number four often represents the four corners of the world, or the whole world. So, I interpreted these verses to mean that world powers were going to scatter Judah and Israel, but then that world craftsmen were going to terrify and then take away those world powers. I think we have a fulfillment of that going on right now. Gentile world powers have already scattered Israelites all over the world. But now, world craftsmen whose services are so low cost have taken a lot of the production power away from many western nations. Western nations are scared of this and don’t know what to do, and yet the business leaders who always want labor at the lowest cost, irrevocably move their production away to lower cost places. Gentile power is gradually being “cast out.”

The only way I see for us is to follow the counsel given by President Hinckley to get all the education that we can.

What do you think? Does this make sense or is it way off base?

1 comments:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for you enlightening comments today. I always love your perspective. I do think that we are in the wind up scenes.
If you get a moment I blog my sweet granddaughter who is blind playing the piano. She just turned 8.
Blessings to you! LeAnn